Maintenance EngineerCarbon 60 have a great opportunity. We are currently recruiting for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer to start a permanent role in Wolverhampton, This...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an electrical engineer to work within the educational sector.
To ensure all aspects of mechanical and electrical systems are maintained in optimal working order and in compliance with all contractual and legislative requirements.
· To ensure all the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems are properly maintained and operating efficiently through effective planned preventative maintenance matching prescribed schedules.
· To ensure all events (failures & faults) that have been raised for any contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system are reacted to timely, ensuring the appropriate actions taken to meet contractual requirements in returning the asset, mechanical or electrical system to full operational service.
· To ensure that all events (failures & faults) where the contractual asset, mechanical or electrical system have been returned to operational service are "closed" in a timely manner and meeting contractual requirements.
· To carry out all work activities in accordance with all relevant and current Health and Safety legislation.
· To advise and assist the management team in reducing the utilities usage at the site, through daily monitoring of the site BMS system, engineering knowledge and best practice.
· To meet with the site management regularly to provide performance information on all events (faults and failures), PPMs, sub-contractor performance, health & safety, lifecycle and utilities consumption reduction.
· To participate in the out of hours stand-by and callout rota
· To ensure that full Statutory Compliance is maintained
· To conduct testing of life systems (i.e. fire alarm & life-sign monitoring alarm) each week.
· To inform the management team of all faults or failures to any of the contractual assets, mechanical & electrical systems and to confirm to the Facilities Manager once these have been corrected.
· To ensure that all sub-contractors are contacted and scheduled to attend site 1 month in advance of their due PPM visit.
· Have completed an apprenticeship ideally in Electrical Engineering & have experience in the role.
· Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
· C&G 17th/18th Edition
· Knowledge on how to service/test of systems of highly specialised equipment
· UPS backup systems (fault finding and repairs)
· Experience of BMS Systems and generators
· Committed and enthusiastic
· Self motivated and pro-active approach to business and staff
· Lateral thinker adept at problem solving
· Good organisational skills
· Strong and effective communication skills
· Management of subcontracted services
· Knowledge of Health, Safety & Environment and Hard FM operations
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.