Carbon60 are extremely proud to have partnered with a world leading facilities management business in their search for a fully qualified electrician to join the...
Didcot - OX11 0DF
Full time - 39 hours per week
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an approved electrician to join the Interserve Electrical Team. The successful electrician will work for Interserve at Magnox - Harwell based in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
- Duties would be planned and reactive maintenance of various buildings in our client's portfolio. ie; Inspection and testing, emergency light testing, PAT Testing, RCD testing, installation of new equipment or replacement/repair of Lamps, Sockets etc.
- Looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual who will add value to an expanding business.
- Able to work on their own initiative but will need to work well within a team environment, assisting other trades when required.
- An ability to deal with clients and suppliers alike with good written and verbal communication skills required.
What we are looking for:
An electrician to carry out duties with due regard to current good practice and in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
Must have previous experience with all types of access equipment would be advantageous.
Including experience with commercial and industrial installations
Must be competent with testing and inspection with 2392 or equivalent.
Must be fully conversant with latest wiring regulations and be competent with completing NICEIC Certificates; opportunity to be NICEIC Qualified Supervisor for company
Company transport will be provided for work use.
Must have a Physical / Dexterity & Manual handling ability.
Comfortable assisting with Minor building fabric repairs and ad hoc general minor repairs as required
Must perform contractor escort duties
Must be able to work in a demanding and busy area
Must have basic computer knowledge - desirable
Must have a flexible/Adaptable in approach to work
Must have a friendly and approachable manner
Must be Pro active approach to work
Must have the ability to work on their own with minimal supervision
Must set and maintain very high standards of delivery - attention to detail essential
Will be part of the on call rota
Must be diligent, professional and intuitive
Must have a willingness to work with Radiological controlled areas and wearing of appropriate RPE when required.
Must be able to become a monitored radiation worker, and to enter radiologically designated areas after medicals and relevant training.
Must posses a willingness to wearing of appropriate Radiological Protection Equipment and Electrical PPE as when required
Ideally we are looking for candidates who live within or near to the Didcot area, have previous experience working within a commercial environment and posses the following qualifications:
- 18th Edition in electrical installation
- NVQ Level 3 in electro technical services - Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds 2392 or 2394/95 testing and inspection
- City & Guilds 2330 or NVQ Equivalent
- City & Guilds 2377
- Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices, all mandatory Safety training will be given, but specialist training such as IPAF and PASMA Certification (preferred)
The ideal electrician would also require a full clean UK drivers licence, be flexible in their approach (and be prepared to carry out duties that aren't just specific to their own trade) and have a strong customer care focus.
BPSS standard security clearance is advantageous however previous evidence of a DBS background check would be great. At the bare minimum - a clean DBS (police background check) history is required.
As this is a permanent vacancy the salary is negotiable based on based on experience and qualification (£30-£40k)
Please get in touch by sending your current CV to Laurie on email@example.com or apply online via this advert.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.