We're looking to recuit an Engineer (Mechanical) for 12months work in the Thurso area.The Job Holder will be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.DUTIES...
To carry out routine planned maintenance and reactive maintenance on Mechanical equipment and general Building Services. Responsible for carrying out mechanical based maintenance duties, trouble-shooting, repair work and minor new works on a wide range of equipment and commercial premises within the establishments as directed.
Responding to mechanical breakdowns and emergencies providing rectification action as necessary in response to a client work request
Undertake programmed planned maintenance completing report on findings.
- Monitor and report failings to heating and hot water systems.
- Act as initial breakdown and emergency work as first response to meet clients needs and functions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Removing and replacing component parts of heating and other systems.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- Complete weekly time sheets and other associated paper work.
- Bring to management immediate attention any unsafe conditions.
What we are looking for
- Hold a recognised mechanical qualification.
- Previous, relevant experience as a tradesman and preferably have worked in the maintenance sector with experience of PPM systems.
- Holder of a full and valid clean driving licence.
- Flexible in approach to current working methods.
- Capable of working under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Responsive to emergency work situations.
- Fault finding capabilities.
- Current valid OFTEC and/or gas safe qualifications
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.