Carbon60 Birmingham are recruiting for Combustion Engineers to work within the Birmingham, Midlands and East Midlands areas. This role starts immediately and has fantastic benefits...
Carbon60 Birmingham are recruiting for Mobile Combustion Engineers to work within the Birmingham, Midlands and East Midlands areas. This role starts immediately and has fantastic benefits such as company van and fuel card) please read job spec below before applying:
We are currently sourcing for Combustion Engineers to join our Department of Transport (DfT) facilities management contract to support the client sites with the mobile delivery of facilities support services. The Combustion Engineer will be responsible for travelling across sites and you will also be working as a part of a larger team of maintenance engineers providing a wide variety of maintenance services nationally.
It is essential for the Combustion Engineer to have the relevant qualifications to work on gas heating boilers up to 350kw, gas catering equipment and ideally have certificated mechanical and electrical skills.
The post also includes the responsibility for the completion of the planned and reactive operational maintenance tasks and also the reactive works which arise through the normal operation of a large office type building. At times support with minor new works will be required. The Combustion Engineer will be proactive and report into the site Facilities Manager and in line with Interserve QSHE policies, procedures and guidance.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week, a driving license is essential for this role as travel will be required across various sites in your region. You will be entitled to 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, and a van will be provided to you for work use only.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- Will have specific knowledge in both Mechanical and Electrical building services which are considered normal for a building office location i.e. HVAC, electrical distribution and emergency system.
- Have an excellent understand of the planned maintenance requirements of medium sized gas heating boiler of circa 320kW capacity and also gas catering equipment.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades and also support handyman type activities.
- They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and also work as part of at team.
- To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- To carry out minor new works where directed.
- Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
- Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- To provide support to when needed to the onsite Caretaker and Cleaning Teams.
What we are looking for
- Gas safe qualifications
- Experience of mechanical or electrical, plumbing and general handyperson duties
- Be confident to work and understand the requirement of working safely within a team environment
- Hold a level of certification to enable planned and reactive work to be completed on medium sized gas boilers of circa 320 kw and also work on gas catering equipment
- Experience preferably in a similar Facilities Management / Building Services back ground
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held
- Ability to be an effective Team Player within the team
- IT skills relevant to the position as work orders are to be issued using PDA's and or Windows based software
- Full UK driving licence
- A BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) check is required to work on this contract and will be essential for you to pass as part of the role.
- Completion of a recognised mechanical or electrical qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and communicate to all the appropriate levels within the Business and Client across all disciplines
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision
- To be fully aware of and adhere to relevant Interserve QSHE policies and procedures
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.