Carbon60 Birmingham have an exciting opportunity for a skilled and experience fabric engineer to work for Interserve.
We are looking for a mobile fabric engineer (handyman/woman) to work within the midlands area.
All applicants must have a clean DBS history due to the nature of the environments they will be working in.
A van will be issued to the successful applicants address (for work purposes only) to travel around the midlands and complete assignments so a full clean UK drivers licence must be evidenced.
- Working to Planned Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes.
- The repair and servicing of mechanical & electrical (M&E) equipment, PPM & reactive.
- Managing priorities within contract constraints.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve set goals.
- The repair and maintenance of building fabric.
- Provision of job feedback information to help desk and lead engineer.
- Responding to customer needs and building relationships in a professional manner.
- Participation in standby rota for emergency calls outside normal working hours if required.
- Providing information for the pricing of M&E/fabric works where applicable, for minor projects and maintenance.
- HSE management in accordance with our quality management system and all legal and statutory requirements.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Management of site compliance log books on site.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Time served building services fabric engineer.
- Fabric skills- Painting/joinery/ tiling/flooring- (preferred) CG/NVQ
- Plumbing experience- (preferred) CG/NVQ
- Previous experience in the maintenance field in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of emergency lighting, fire alarm systems/L8/SFG20 PPM schedules/FFE.
- Lone working and good communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas / solutions
- A good level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems
Whom we are looking for
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry tools and equipment by hand up to 20kg.
- Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment.
- Able to work at height.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours.
- Must be available to join a call out rota if required.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent self-motivational skills.
- BPSS clearance.
If you suit the description above or know of a another person who may, please apply or call Laurie on 0121 643 4004 for more information. Also, Check Instagram for more job updates @Carbon60_Birmingham
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted