Due to a secondment, I am looking for a Deputy Project Director to manage the critical stages of a new multi-billion pound infrastructure project based...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently looking for a night operations manager to work within the London Ambulance Service.
Based in the Bow Creek area of London.
This is a permanent, full time position with contracted 42.5 hours (based on a 12 hour night shift pattern with 3 days on and 2 days off)
The yearly salary is £35k per annum.
All successful applicants with be subject to security clearance (DBS check) due to the nature of the role.
Develop and implement a strategic approach to maintaining and improving the contract with specific accountability for enhancing profit margin, improvement and organic growth, together with the development of a proactive culture within the organisation. Overall accountability for the delivery of customer service delivery, together with the co-ordination of environmental, health and safety and man-management planning policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Support the company's long term objectives and make appropriate contributions to divisional and corporate decision making.
- Develop and grow the business by actively encouraging a proactive and strategic business development attitude with all levels of employees.
- Appoint senior managers and oversee the appointment of key personnel within the contract, providing recommendations regarding recruitment, promotion and training.
- Support, lead and motivate the key managers within the contract.
- Manage the people development and succession planning within contract to ensure opportunities are created and key personnel and retained
- Work closely with the Account Director and Divisional Commercial & Finance Managers to ensure that cost data is current, benchmarks are in place and efficiency drives enhance the performance capability.
- Ensure that the budget is adhered to and all levels of expenditure are within the set divisional targets.
- Actively contribute to development and delivery of 'one' Interserve business
- Operate as linchpin on strategic work winning transactions - through suitably motivated and supported project teams providing personal development including development programmes as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with all statutory requirements and corporate policies including, but not limited to, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Employment Legislation.
- Ensure full understanding of any changes and development in legislation and working practices that may affect the company's operations and/or present new opportunities.
- Maintain the highest standards of presentation, personal integrity and customer support.
What we are looking for
- Senior practitioner of FM service delivery, across the entire Total Facilities Management spectrum, including construction management.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, experienced in leading multi disciplinary, multi site teams.
- Demonstrative experience of multiple client management.
- Experience of growing the business through organic growth and new business.
- Superior interpersonal communication and negotiating skills are essential.
- Experience in financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis is required.
- Highly results-orientated with demonstrable success, achieving and exceeding challenging targets both personally and through others.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles - views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Engaging communicator demonstrating influencing skills and an ability to adapt approaches to differing audiences.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
- Strategic thinker, creative and flexible - ability to present concepts in a simple clear way.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Understands and applies appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and comfortable with numerical reasoning.
If you are interested in the vacancy or know of somebody that may be suitable please contact Laurie on 0121 643 4004 / 07443 233 063 or email Laurie at
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.