We are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, for a global science and chemicals company based in Royston. This would be on a 12...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for a qualified electrician to work on a U.S Airforce base.
This post has an immediate start and pays £17 per hour (which comes with great benefits)
This is an ongoing role which has a 3 month probation period (hence the temporary post listing)
Please see the job description below and contact Laurie on 0121 643 4004 / 07443233063 for more details.
Form part of a team to provide a high level of maintenance support to meet Interserve business and contractual obligations on the USAF Base
The successful candidate will be required to take any necessary security checks for the role. Key duties, though not exhaustive, are listed below:
- Carry out planned maintenance to a variety of electrical equipment, as per detail and requirement
- Carry out reactive repairs to electrical systems and equipment as per requirement
- Carry out installation work on electrical circuitry and equipment as per drawings and requirements of the business
- Be willing to meet JPS375 skilled persons requirements
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments
- Accept and feedback work on PPM system and suggest improvements
- Offer support to other trades
- Completion of documentation as required, including RA's & MS's
- Undertake Health and Safety, Technical and other training as required
- Must be prepared to work towards multi-skilling (gas, plumbing, air-conditioning)
- Other duties as the job role requires
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have completed a recognised time served electrical apprenticeship
- Must have at least two years post qualification experience
- City and Guilds certificate/NVQ level 3 certificate or equivalent preferred
- Conversant with 18th edition regulations
- Familiar with boilers, heating systems, air handling systems, motors, pumps, HVAC
- Fault finding abilities are essential
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems
- Ability to read schematic and circuit diagrams
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team
- Confident, enthusiastic and pro-active
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Able to do the job right and do it right first time, within a pre-determined timescale
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Wanting to achieve success, for his or her self, the business and the customer
- Flexible approach to work and working hours
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.