A leading Internation Fit Out Contractor has an exciting opening for an experienced Commercial Manger to join their team on a permanent basis.You'd be joining...
Carbon60 Birmingham have exciting opportunities for Building Surveyors in Birmingham!
We are currently recruiting for senior/ building surveyors for a national client.
This particular role will be based in Coleshill, Birmingham.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all building Surveyors duties (i.e. GC/Works/5 Consultant) and provide professional advice on property and construction for commercial, industrial, leisure and residential projects.
Such duties will include:
- Carrying out building surveys; determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule;
- advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes;
- advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction;
- instructing on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings;
- advising on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings;
- dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations;
- assessing and designing buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities;
- instructing on construction design and management regulations;
- negotiating dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property's state of disrepair);
- carrying out feasibility studies;
- advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings;
- advising on boundary and rights of light disputes and party wall procedures;
- preparing insurance assessments and claims.
The ideal building surveyor will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree Qualified Building Surveyor or associated relevant discipline
- Competent in Microsoft excel & word
- Experience with hand held technology/software
- Previous experience with acting in 'Building Surveyors' role in line with consultant/framework appointment (i.e. GC/Works/5) or similar experience preferred.
- Experience with condition surveys of commercial/civil government estate essential.
- Previous experience managing minor works projects.
- Previous experience in CoW role an advantage.
If this role interests you but doesn't seem to be the right fit for whatever reason - please contact Laurie on 01216434004 or email Laurie@carbon60global.com to discuss other options we may have for you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.