We are looking for a Logistics Operative to work at our clients flagship site in Stevenage.JOB SUMMARYLOGISTICS DUTIES :To be responsible for the receipt &...
Logistics Coordinator - Logistics Unit - £30-33.5k plus excellent company benefits - Slough
An opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies, transforming everyday waste into high quality recyclables. An exciting time to join a company within a multinational group, who are looking smart people utilising smart technology to deliver their vision. They are currently in search of a Logistics Coordinator to join their Logistics Unit working 40 hours a week.
You will be responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Logistics Unit, ensuring that all required activities are planned and controlled accordingly. Whilst supporting the Logistics Unit Manager with budget compilation, you allocate vehicles to effectively satisfy operational requirements.
- Supervise, with the aid of the team, the day to day operation of the collection operations
- Plan and control the team operations ensuring the co-operation and coordination of all required activities
- Allocate and control vehicles including subcontractors efficiently to meet the operational requirements and ensure that the level of resources are adequate to meet day to day requirements.
- Ensure through constant review that cost effective, quality service is carried out
- Support the Logistics Unit Manager with compilation of budgets, maximising revenue, controlling costs, forecasting and variance explanation.
- Ensure direct reports are fully compliant with all company policies and procedures, and where failings occur to take appropriate action in consultation with the Human Resources department
- A proven track record of supervising a Logistic operation successfully
- Full CPC National for road transport (or working towards completion within 12 months of appointment)
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent.
- Knowledge of fleet operating systems.
- knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
- Full driving licence
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Company Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.