Maintenance EngineerNewportContract£negotiableWe currently have a contract role for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join a food manufacturer in Newport for a minimum of 6 months....
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Carbon60 are proud to represent a well renowned food manufacturer who have an enviable client base and are expanding rapidly with multiple sites across the UK.
Due to this expansion they are now looking for a multi skilled engineer to join their team in order to keep their 24/7 operation running at full capacity.
- Maintain all plant and machinery to ensure minimal downtime - this includes breakdowns, fault finding and preventative maintenance.
- Keep all documentation, maintenance logs and spares inventory updated.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in evaluating new machinery and equipment to assess suitability and cost.
- Inspect plant rooms, site structures, car parks and landscapes to assess for damage and carry out any routine repairs or arrange for an approved external contractor.
- Attend all H&S meetings, ensuring adherence to H&S policy, procedures and targets.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is proactive in driving through continuous improvement initiatives.
The Ideal Maintenance Engineer
- Experience in a maintenance engineering role - ideally within the food/beverage/FMCG sector. This is a multi-skilled role but the bias would be toward towards electrical.
- Relevant HNC/ONC qualification or apprenticeship
- Experience of PLCs (ideally Mitsubishi), refrigeration, control voltages, 3 phase distribution
- Multi skilled with NVQ level 3 or higher
- IT literate
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who look after their people. They are keen to develop their staff and offer training and development to further your skills and experience.
To apply, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.