Maritime Domain Awareness Engineer
- Part of a DevOps team containing System/Network Administrators and Software Developers responsible for providing solutions to Maritime Situational Awareness problem sets.
- Exposure and responsibility over a diverse technical infrastructure landscape:
- Software Defined Data Centers (VMWare) and Private Cloud Hosting Environments
- LAN/WAN/Security Network Infrastructure, Load Balancers, Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Servers (Windows/Linux)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Windows)
- Infrastructure and Operational Automation (Powershell, Python, Ansible, Helm)
- Relational and NoSQL Databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Email Servers (Exchange/Postfix)
- Web Servers (IIS, NGINX)
- Identity Access Management (Active Directory/Keycloak/LDAP
- Data Pipelines and Message Bus and IoT solutions (Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi)
- Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) solutions (ESRI, QGIS, In-house)
- Big Data Systems and analysis techniques.
- Data Integration and investigation.
- Full-Stack Software Development
- Angular and NodeJS
- Git and Source Control Repositories
- Development and Operations of existing Maritime Domain Awareness (MDA) capabilities that deliver broad services:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure / Desktop as a Service systems
- Geospatial Databases and processing - multi-source information feeds and internet of Things (IoT) Sensor Collect devices.
- International Collaboration Systems (Global WAN/Chat services)
- Self-Hosted Software as a Service based Chat and Collaboration systems.
- Maintenance and Updating of the central Knowledge Base and appropriate engineering documentation.
- Requirement for Domestic and International travel.
- 1st and 2nd line support of 3 on-site operations centres and all capability users worldwide.
- 24/7/365 Callout Rota (Teams of 3 per rotation, 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off)
- Start date - ASAP
- End date - 31/10/23
- 220 days over a 12-month period (pro rata in line with start date)
- Candidate will need to be able to attain a minimum SC clearance
- Rate - dependent on experience and interview
- Base Location - MCSU, Portsdown Technology Park, Portsmouth
- Site based role with core working hours (0800 - 1700)
- Expected to provide on-site support to non-remote systems and users within core customer working hours.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search