Mechanical Technician Material Recycling Facility £30-32k plus benefits DartfordAn opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies, transforming everyday waste into...
Mechanical Technician - Material Recycling Facility - £30-32k plus benefits - Dartford
An opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading Waste Management companies, transforming everyday waste into high quality recyclables. An exciting time to join a company within a multinational group, who are looking smart people utilising smart technology to deliver their vision. They are currently in search of a Mechanical Technician to join their Dartford based operations to work within their Material Recycling Facility requiring you to work 50 hours a week.
You will be responsible for the planned maintenance and reactive work of mechanical equipment throughout the facility. Fault diagnosis and rectification will be an imperative aspect of the role, whilst complying within the environmental limits of the plant. Your ultimate responsibility will be carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance to ensure the facility operates safely and efficiently.
- Completing the Planned Maintenance inspections as defined by the site maintenance plan
- Planning and delivering corrective and reactive work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment on site is improved and modified as necessary to maximise equipment availability, performance and the output levels required to meet production demands
- Completing dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure safe working practices are upheld To be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the required standards
- Undertaking assessments of malfunctioning equipment and providing advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making
- Undertaking engineering project work and assisting with new installations or refurbishments
- Completing condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy
- Updating and administrating the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Possession of HNC/City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
- Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality
- Knowledge of electrical systems and safety
- Full driving licence
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.