A proven O&M Manager, for a permanent / staff position, with a track record in the maintenance of large scale solar projects, is required to join my Client's team in Spain. The successful candidate's responsibility will be to ensure the correct Operation and Maintenance of Solar Farms. The Project Manager will report directly to the O&M Head of Europe.
The roles primary purpose is to:
- Achieve a positive O&M balance sheet of solar projects for the Operational Period
- Achieve the contractual guaranteed KPIs (PR and Availability)
- Ensure that the budget does not suffer unnecessary costs
- Ensure that bonds are not renewed (sufficiently resolve FAC Punch lists)
- To organize/arrange resources to perform Maintenance activities (subcontractors, specialized companies, suppliers)
- To support the Regional O&M Director for the recruitment of local O&M personnel and startup of local O&M departments
- To support the Regional O&M Director to prepare the budget and to keep track of it
- To liaise with the engineering team and give input in order to create preferred list of suppliers
- To liaise with the engineering and construction team in technical aspects that come up from time to time during the operational phase
- To develop, implement, plan, coordinate, schedule maintenance procedures with Contractors, in line with manufacturers recommendation and keeping contractual obligations
- To ensure compliance of the activities with local rules and regulations
- To ensure that the H&S regulations are applied on all projects
- To liaise with the H&S team with any faults raised as a H&S hazard on the projects and cooperate with them in order to fix issues raised during the H&S audits carried out annually
- To have knowledge of the contracts (EPC and O&M)
- To manage single, or a portfolio of, solar projects, ensuring that all O&M activities are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope
- To chase O&M subcontractors or O&M teams to address any failures/downtimes as soon as possible in order to ensure guaranteed project KPI's (PR and Availability)
- To manage (open/close/update) fault tickets, keeping contractual obligations
- To liaise with the projects Stakeholders (especially the Stakeholders AM), organizing regular update calls and respond to any issues for the sites raised by the project Stakeholders (operational or non-operational)
- To assist the Operations Manager with the implementation of O&M reports (monthly, yearly)
- Το liaise with the Regional Account teams for invoices acceptance/ confirmation, contracts amendments/preparation, services, materials delivery confirmation.
- To liaise with the grid operators in case of failures/scheduled outages for the projects
- To work on the FAC punch lists of the project and pursue the FAC certificate.
- To negotiate with the Stakeholders the FAC defects trying to minimize company's exposure, to discuss, and seek advice from Legal department for this purpose
- To chase up the release of WC/PAC/FAC retentions from the Stakeholders
- To schedule WC/PAC/FAC SL outstanding works for projects that had reached WC/PAC/FAC
- To expand the database of our Client's contractors by making new collaborations after searching for new contractors
- To check that the projects are built in accordance to the Planning Permissions
- To ensure that the guidelines set for the projects are followed
- Perform Spare Parts Management
- Update Server files and keep electronic backup of all the activities
The Company:Our Client is a global leader in the deployment of renewable energy projects, with a proven track record of over 1GW medium to large scale solar projects and major battery storage installations. They are the go to EPC Partner for leading investors in the renewable energy industry around the world and are committed to setting high quality standards for customer satisfaction, as well as to ensuring the Health & Safety of all personnel.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years proven track record in supervision / management of mixed teams (O&M contractors or/and O&M technicians, Vendors) for the operation of large scale solar projects (min 5MW)
- Experience in Contracts Management
- Experience with budget preparation and management
- H&S competencies
- Fluency in Spanish and stong written and spoken English skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proactive attitude, not reactive
- Open to candidates that are legally entitled to work in the EU
With an immediate start available, an excellent package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join our prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search