I am currently recruiting for a proven Projects Manager, for a permanent / staff position, with experience of EPC utility scale solar plants to join our Client's construction management team in Italy. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of projects across Italy. The Project Manager will report directly to the Project Director
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project
- draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget
- create and distribute RFPs to potential EPC subcontractors, establish evaluation metrics, and select winning proposals
- manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with EPC subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors' work in all phases
- develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project's success
- communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues
- identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact
- possess strong organizational and time management skills
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields
- Proven track record of 3+ years of utility scale solar project management experience, including ground mount projects over 5MW
- Electrical Licensing strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code, solar permitting, and other PV system regulatory codes
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details and accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Fluent in Italian & English is a prerequisite.
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary
- Legally entitled to work in the EU
With a competitive salary and package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join our prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search