Mechanical TechnicianCONTRACT STARTING NOW. Our client, who work within the automotive sector, are looking to bring on board a Mechanical Engineering technician for a minimum...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to work within a maintenance team and report to the Maintenance Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to perform electrical engineering maintenance tasks necessary to ensure the safe, compliant and efficient operation of all primary and auxiliary production equipment and utility support systems supporting operations at Royston/Brimsdown. The majority of your time will be spent on conducting reactive and preventive maintenance tasks but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
This role covers both day and nights shifts over 2 sites.
Day shift - 5.45am-6.15pm
Night shift - 5.45pm-6.15am
12-hour shifts, nights and days rotation (over weekends too), 4 on/5 off.
Essential requirements: Successful candidates but be Non - smokers and nicotine free for 3 months.
Benefits: Free 3-course meal provided on shift.
This is an exciting role within the business and the successful candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Providing a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & Corrective Instrumentation maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability of equipment across the plant
- Effective problem solving and electrical fault diagnosis skills, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
- Identifying and carrying out occasional plant modification work to help enhance plant safety and improve efficiency
- Conducting Inspections, testing, calibration, adjustments and monitoring tasks as required to maintain efficient plant and build-in equipment reliability.
- Updating the CMMS with work progress and demanding spares as required for work tasks and/or to maintain critical stock levels.
- Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
- Supporting the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability
- Interpreting technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties
- Ensuring that all relevant departmental administrative requirements such as: time sheets, work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc. are completed to ensure concise work history and financial accountability
- Carrying out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
- Taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills when required to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
- Issuing of permits and control of contractors
- Adherence to Life Saving Policies and Management of Change procedures
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Mark or Laurie on 01216434004.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.