Do you have a passion for design and Automation?Do you like varied and rewarding projects?I have an opportunity for you!We have an Automation company...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Lead Maintenance Engineer, and will work within the value stream progressing automation tasks relating to improving our OEE, to include PLC modification, robot integration and SCADA upgrades. Working with all departments within the value stream, the highest value projects and tasks will be prioritised and assigned to the Automation engineer to complete the relevant work to ensure health, safety, environmental and quality objectives are met.
Please see the job details listed below:
- Operate as an Automation systems engineer within the Filters Value Stream
- Create solutions to performance, safety, quality and downtime issues, within the PLC, robot control, SCADA and other relevant areas of control/automation.
- Ensure management of change processes are followed.
- Generate SAT protocols
- Participate in and document machinery risk assessments and HAZOPS to ensure that all new and modified equipment complies with the relevant governing standards.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and controlled as per company procedures.
- Ensure that all projects are completed in accordance with company H&S standards and contractor regulations.
General responsibilities are listed below:
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- This role will require occasional presence in the factory. All Automation Team members are required to be role models in their approach to safety and keeping others safe.
- Although this is not a shift based role, there may be occasions where the role is required to support major incidents or installations out of normal hours.
- Occasional travel to suppliers and other Johnson Matthey sites, including overseas, may be required.
Please contact Mark Jackson or Laurie Ramsundar if you are interested in this position.
0121 643 4004
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.