Mechanical TechnicianCONTRACT STARTING NOW. Our client, who work within the automotive sector, are looking to bring on board a Mechanical Engineering technician for a minimum...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an instrument technician to work within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to perform tasks necessary to ensure safe, compliant and efficient operation of all primary and auxiliary production equipment and utility support systems supporting operations at Royston/Brimsdown. The majority of your time will be spent on instrumentation tasks, including repairs, calibration and testing, but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
Salary - Approximately £35,500 + shift allowance £6,883
Days only, office hours, Mon-Fri
Candidates must be non-smokers and nicotine free for 3 months
Benefits: Free 3-course meal provided per shift
This is an exciting role within the business and the successful candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Providing a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & Corrective Instrumentation maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability of equipment across the plant
- Effective problem solving and electronic/electrical fault diagnosis skills, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
- Identifying and carrying out occasional plant modification work to help enhance plant safety and improve efficiency
- Conducting Inspections, testing, calibration, adjustments and monitoring tasks as required to maintain efficient plant and build-in equipment reliability.
- Updating the CMMS with work progress and demanding spares as required for work tasks and/or to maintain critical stock levels.
- Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
- Supporting the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability
- Interpreting technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties
- Ensuring that all relevant departmental administrative requirements such as: time sheets, work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc. are completed to ensure concise work history and financial accountability
- Carrying out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
- Taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills when required to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
- Issuing of permits and control of contractors
- Adherence to Life Saving Policies and Management of Change procedures
- This role will require you to work independently and collaboratively with the Maintenance Team Leader, members of the Engineering Team, Production Department Team Leaders and on occasion offer support to the Apprentices. You will be expected to: advise the Maintenance Team Leader, provide relevant information to the Maintenance Team Leader and share control of decisions.
You will be expected to work at the Brimsdown site and may occasionally be required to travel for collaborative work and/or course attendance.
The work environment is mainly shop floor based and will need to frequently visit all production areas both pyrometallurgical and hydrometallurgical
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months
You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25kg
If you are interested in this position please contact Laurie or Mark on 0121 643 4004
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.