Maintenance TechnicianA fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Technician or Electrical Engineer, with a metal component manufacturing company based in Lydney.The Role...
MRF Maintenance Technician
Contracted Hours: 48 hours
Shift Pattern: 4x 12 hour shifts
Location: Rainham, Essex
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a MRF Maintenance Technician to join a very well established MRF plant to Assist and Support the Maintenance Engineer in maximising the through-put of the facility by completing day to day maintenance of all plant and equipment.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Liaise with the facilities manager and assist the site Engineer to maintain efficient and effective plant operations. Assist Maintenance Engineer in maintaining plant operation.
- Assist with preventing plant breakdowns by completing planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that the risk of downtime is kept to a minimum ultimately assisting in maximising profit and revenue. Completing planning and scheduling all of maintenance aspects of the MRF, minimising disruption to operations and maximising uptime and availability.
- Carry out planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of plant and apparatus including Conveyors, baling equipment, Low Voltage equipment, motors, gearbox, mechanical drives, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and optical, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology etc.
- Responsibility for assisting with the management of contractors on site in terms of work instructions and ensuring inductions have been completed and they work safely and in line with VES safe working practices. To ensure all sub-contractors perform their duties according to company procedures and work schedules.
- Ensure that maintenance requests from all sites within the role holders remit are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. To complete all relevant paperwork and reports to the required standard. To inspect work area and equipment for deficiencies, hazards, and malfunctions. Report all discrepancies and any unsafe act or working condition to supervisory personnel.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 in mechanical and electrical maintenance, or a recognised formal apprenticeship, would be preferable.
- Experience in processing manufacturing, production industry or food manufacturing facility.
- Proven experience of working at a high level and fully conversant with material handling equipment, preferably within the recycling environment.
- Experienced with Conveyors, baling equipment, Low Voltage equipment, motors, material handling equipment, plant auxiliaries, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and optical separation, magnetic and Eddy current separation technology preferred.
- Enthusiastic and competent problem solver with a practical approach to engineering problems.
- Able to demonstrate an analytical approach to investigation, allied with a practical ability to resolving engineering problems.
- Control Systems and Software (DCS/SCADA/HMI/PLC), CMMS / AMMS systems.
If interested please apply directly to this add or send a copy of CV
For further information on the role please call 0161 873 7000
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.