Job Title: Streetworks Compliance Supervisor
Responsible to: Quality Assurance Team Leader
Subordinates Directly Supervised: N/A
Functions Indirectly Supported: MGJV Progressive Metering Operations, Bulk Metering Programme Operations, Optant Metering Programme Operations and CSL Operations.
Main Purpose of the Job:
This is a multi-functional role encompasses key areas of operations to support Morrison Utility Services in playing a key role in the exciting AMP7 Thames Water Smart Metering contract.
To be responsible for auditing, reporting and supporting the operational supervisors and operatives to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Thames Water Essential Safety Standards, Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA), New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, (NRSWA), Thames Meter Installation Specification, Highways Act 1980, Health and Safety Work Act 1974 and associated guidance.
The role of the Streetworks Compliance Supervisor encompasses the following:
· Work closely and build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver excellence.
· Support operational supervisors and operatives to ensure that all staff display the highest possible health, safety and environmental standards and comply with all statutory, Thames Water and Morrison US standards, policies, procedures, guidance and initiatives.
· Identify training and development needs within the contract through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with operational managers and supervisors.
· Report and advise any on or off site safety issues immediately.
· Auditing the work to ensure it meets Thames Water standards and complete a weekly QA report.
· Audit and report good and bad field practice and communicate during weekly/monthly meetings or immediately depending on severity.
· Support and advise the operational supervisors and operatives in delivering best practice.
· Work closely with and build strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, Highway authorities and the client.
· Manage customer interactions and escalations as required.
· Report and record customer side leakage if discovered.
· Clear sites as required.
NOTE: The job responsibilities and the position to whom the job holder reports may vary from time to time. As a consequence the job responsibilities will include but may not be limited to any or all of the following items as required.
Specifically the primary aims of the Quality Assurance Trainer/Supervisor are:
Streetworks and Compliance:
Health, Safety and Wellbeing management:
Customers and stakeholders:
The essential qualifications, experience, technical skills, competencies and values are:
· NRSWA Supervisor Qualification (all units)
· Proven supervisory experience of utility assets in the street works environment
· Detailed working knowledge of NRSWA 1991, Highway act 1980, TMA 2004, SROH
· Detailed knowledge of water infrastructure is desirable
· Experience in inspecting and supervising highway works
· Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software and mobile working systems
· Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation and people management skills
· Work collaboratively with colleagues, peers and stakeholders
· Display a positive can do attitude
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
Vehicle: Company Van
Salary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)
Working location: Longreach STW, Dartford, DA1 5PP, Multiple depots and site based.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted