We are looking to recruit a Process Chemist based in the Glasgow area.
The role will be working on a large scale Energy and Waste Recycling facility, duties will be as follows:
- Assisting with technical and administrative control, operation and monitoring of a new Energy treatment facility which entails an Anaerobic Digestion (AD) treatment plant, Effluent treatment plant, Advanced Conversion facility and a smart materials recycling facility.
- To manage external contracts with laboratories carrying out sampling & analysis processes.
- Assist management with the control of plant costs through efficient use of resources.
- Assisting with procedures necessary to ensure that the plant remains compliant with the relevant waste regulations.
- Supervising the Assistant Chemist and ensuring all testing is carried out to a high standard.
- Collection of samples from the various AD, SBR, Water Treatment and ACF processes on site.
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of the on site laboratory.
- Prepare samples, paperwork and transport for external analysis.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with the site permit, environmental management system and site operational systems and process monitoring requirements.
The position is a permanent position with a competative salary, with excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development within a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
To apply for this position, please forward your latest CV and current salary details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.