We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Landfill Gas Technician to join our clients team based at their Dunbar site.The Role Joining our clients...
We are looking to recruit a Landfill Gas Technician to work in the Edinburgh / Lothian area of Scotland.
The Landfill Gas Technician will undertake safe and effective monitoring and balancing of gas collection systems (GCS) on a landfill gas field that produces 5Mw of Generation.
You will be required to carry out monitoring, analysis, record keeping and reporting on the status of Gas Collection systems and associated control equipment and be responsible for the upkeep and calibration of all plant, equipment and tools used in monitoring, balancing and maintenance of landfill gas management assets in line with routine and planned preventative maintenance schedules whilst ensuring that spare parts and consumables are available when required.
The working hours will be 45 hours per week Mon - Fri, with a 1 in 4 weekend on call rota.
Day to day duties will include:
- Manage and balance a landfill Gas field that produces 5Mw of generation.
- Dipping of Gas Wells.
- H2S checks
- Auditing of Gas fields.
- Associated pump replacement and general maintenance of gas field.
The ideal landfill Gas Technician will have the following skills and attributes:
- An understanding of the operation and basic maintenance of landfill gas power generation and control equipment.
- Experience of working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines.
- Good level of education with relevant practical experience in a related environment.
- Ideally, a proven track record of the successful compliance management and optimisation of leachate collection, treatment, disposal and control.
In return we can offer a competitive salary plus a company van for business use, laptop, phone and excellent company benefits package.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your latest CV and current salary details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.