Vehicle Assessment Technician BedfordRegion: MidlandsContract Type: New RecruitmentMotoring and AutomotiveLocation BedfordLocation: Bedford12 Week initial Contract and then Permanent Salary: Guaranteed minimum earnings: £19,794On Target Earnings:...
Carbon60 have an excellent opportunity where we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician based in the Milton Keynes area.
The position is working on a large materials recycling and renewable energy plant with a progressive and market leading company that is investing for the future generations.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for delivering the Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules as defined by the site maintenance plans, working to a high standard in a cost-effective manner. The Maintenance Technician will also be responsible for planning, organising and undertaking corrective and reactive work. You will also be responsible for delivering improvement projects, leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction.
Working as part of an on-site maintenance team and reporting to the maintenance manager you will ensure delivery of the Planned Maintenance schedules, maximising equipment availability and performance whilst achieving output levels required to meet production demands.
The site is operational 24/7 and this role will involve working on a shift rota basis.
The ideal Maintenance Technician will have the the following skills & attributes:
- A demonstrable track record of maintaining and improving the mechanical workings of a large industrial / manufacturing operation.
- Experience of working in an industry with large-scale process where output and reliability is a priority.
- Background in contributing to problem solving workshops, providing engineering expertise to identify root causes or failures.
- Understanding of stock control, risk assessments and condition reports.
- Qualified to either ONC / HNC, City & Guilds, NVQ3 or equivalent in a relevant mechanical or fabrication engineering discipline.
- Full driving licence.
In return, a competitive salary package as well as excellent benefits are available to the sucessfull candidate.
To apply for this position please forward your latest CV to Neil.Dawson @ carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.