Carbon60 are looking for a Sampling & Analysis Technician based in the Rotherham / South Yorkshire areas to start work A.S.A.P.
Duties will include: collecting, sampling & analysis of raw materials, carrying out some simple testing procedures and recording the results in an Excel spreadsheet, so will require someone who is comfortable with manual handling and basic IT skills with understanding of computers / spreadsheets.
Good knowledge of Quality Control (QC) procedures and previous experience of working in an "on site" Laboratory environment would be an advantage.
Day to day duties will consist of:
- Following procedures & methodologies for assessing incoming raw material and outbound finished goods.
- Carrying out sampling & testing of raw materials in line with company procedures.
- Providing a quality resource to management.
- liaising internally to ensure the test methods being used reflect company procedures and best industry practice.
- To assist with development and improvement of all QC processes.
- Preparing samples for external chemical testing and liaise with laboratories / couriers as required.
Hours of Work are: 08.00am - 16.00pm Mon - Fri, but start / finish times can be flexible to suit travelling arrangements & family circumstances.
A full driving licence would be required for this position as the role would involve some driving between various sites in the Rotherham, Doncaster, Eggborough, Drax & Goole areas. The use of a company vehicle would be made available for this travel between the various company sites.
This position would suit either someone with a Chemistry / Science background looking to gain experience in a Laboratory environment or an industrial operative with previous on-site experience with an immediate start initially on a 2- 3 months contract with a view to a permanent position with the company after that initial contract period with a basic salary package of between £21-23k.
To apply for this position please forward your CV to Neil.Dawson @ carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.