We are looking for an Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work on an industrial process plant based in the Ipswich / Suffolk area.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Mechanical Maintenance Technician who will plan, organise and undertake corrective and reactive work, and be responsible for delivering improvement projects leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction. This is a full-time role working 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Working in a small but crucial team of engineers, you will ensure delivery of the Planned Maintenance schedules, maximising equipment availability and performance whist still achieving output level required to meet production demands. We are looking for someone who can be proactive and organised with their workload, prioritising planned and reactive maintenance accordingly.
You will also ensure all Planned Maintenance inspections are completed safely and effectively and ensure any modifications or changes to equipment are in line with PUWER machinery safety regulations.
As a meticulous and progressive technician, you will continuously evaluate equipment reliability and subsequently carry out Root Cause Analysis studies and the planning and implementation of any improvement activity.
The ideal Maintenance Technician will have the following skills & experience:
- A demonstrable track record of maintaining and improving the mechanical workings of a large manufacturing or processing operation.
- NVQ level 3 or ONC in an appropriate engineering skill or equivalent.
- Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of stock control, risk assessments and condition reports.
- In depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance.
- A no-compromise approach to health and safety.
- Good understanding of engineering best practice.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
A full UK driving licence will be required for this role as some travel to other sites in and around the Suffolk area will be required.
This is a full-time role working 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your latest CV to Neil.Dawson@Carbon60global.com or call Neil on 0161 873 7000 for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted