Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Coordination Manager to support our client working within the UK's Offshore Wind Sector - Pathways to Growth (P2G) workstream.
The pathways to growth (P2G) workstream is a government commitment as part of the offshore wind sector deal to achieve 30Gw (40Gw) consented and operational projects by 2030 and to meet the target of Net Zero by 2050.
You will be responsible for managing, coordinating and leading the resolution to Pathways to Growth barriers within the UK's Offshore Wind Sector.
The barriers to consents and licensing in the Offshore Wind sector are complicated and involve numerous stakeholders, sometimes across different jurisdictions and with conflicting priorities. The role holder will require to have a good understanding of the issues, be independent and well connected with all the stakeholders. They would need to have an appreciation of the conflicts of organisations sharing information and importantly have the appropriate manner to lead the people involved and draw out the relevant discussion points and solutions to resolve the barriers within the UK's offshore Wind sector deal.
- The role holder will be required to have comprehensive project management and communication skills.
- Have good relationships with representatives from the UK and Governments/Authorities, SNCBS, regulatory bodies on offshore wind consenting industry bodies/ associations, TCE, CES, NGO's and developers.
- Be able to understand the significance of strategic consenting issues.
- Have excellent leadership skills with a senior group of experts and experience of facilitating workshops and meetings.
- Be responsible for working collaboratively with the experts from the P2G Coordination Group to agree and create the action plans to resolve barriers. Communicate with the relevant parts of the plans ensuring a thorough understanding of the plan, it's implications on budget (if necessary), delivery dates, resources and deliverables.
- Be responsible for selecting the appropriate experts in the Coordination Group to work in sub groups to resolve barriers.
- Communicate and escalate issues to the different P2G group structures as appropriate.
Business Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Offshore Wind Industry knowledge with 5+ years experience.
- Experience of Strategic Government led Working Group with a common goal and participants who have differing interests.
- Knowledge of UK and devolved Government/Authorities, Local Government, Development Agency or similar organisations/sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultancy and client liaison presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strategic mindset and ability to focus on strategic issues.
- Prepare high quality meeting minutes and recommendations to PG2 to influence decisions.
- Maintain an action plan for each barrier / issue with timing, budget and clear responsibilities.
- Provide regular updates on the status of barriers / issues and ensure outcomes are being achieved and effectively communicated.
This position is for a part / full time position initially for 6 months, but with an ongoing requirement for the position if it is successful.
Given the current situation with COVID-19 it is expected that initially all work will be done remotely whilst working from home and meetings will be done virtually (ie: not face to face). In the future there may be some need to travel for meetings. Post pandemic, the postholder can work from a number of office locations in the London / Reading area or Scottish offices in Glasgow or Perth.
To apply for this position please forward your latest CV to: Neil.Dawson@carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted