Carbon60 are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor (QS) for a 4 year contract position based on Shetland working on a long term construction project within the Renewable Energy Sector.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of all contracts on a large Wind Farm construction project as well as cost reporting and forecasting, to ensure successful delivery of the project.
The Key requirements of the role include:
- Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on the projects / contracts.
- Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Managers in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers including:-
- Cost and budget management
- Payment & expenditure management
- Contract administration
- Dispute resolution
- General commercial guidance and support as required.
- Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
- Work within own team to ensure processes are aligned and escalate issues. Responsible for ensuring compliance to all internal policies and procedures and audit requirements such as self audits or compliance reviews.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Quantity Surveying degree with at least 5 years post Graduate experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent organisation & planning skills.
- Understanding of the financial aspects and implications of projects.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
The position is on a long term (4 year) project working 40 hours per week and candidates would need to live or be based on Shetland for the duration of the contract.
To apply for this role please forward your latest CV to Neil.Dawson@carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted