We have an exciting opportunity for a Grid Connections Services Engineer based in Scotland but the position will offer flexible working remotely from home if required.
The role is working for a Energy & Utilities organisation, and we are looking for candidates who have had at least 3-5yrs experience in working in the Grid Connections industry.
Knowledge & Experience working in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Looking for someone with experience of Gas connections as well as Electrical Grid connections - contractual arrangements, application process and steps - previous dealings with National Grid Gas would be useful.
- Would also consider someone with just grid (electrical) experience - renewables or thermal power.
- Good understanding of GB gas and/or electricity systems - connections processes, charging regimes etc.
- Broad understanding of technologies - CCGT, Battery Energy storage (BESS), CCS and future Hydrogen (CCGTs and electrolysis)
- Good strategic overview of the market with ability to apply knowledge - identify potential opportunities for the thermal fleet in the context of grid / gas development or ancillary services etc.
- Someone who is well-connected in the industry.
The role will involve developing and managing gas connections for Low Carbon pipeline projects and liaising with engineering and project teams to develop and manage the connection.
Managing the grid connections for some of the clients new build & ongoing projects.
Capable of feeding into development the Transport and Storage requirements at strategic, commercial, and technical level with a view to managing carbon/hydrogen connections in the future.
The position is offered on a 6 month contract basis initially, with a day rate negotiable depending on previous levels of experience.
To apply for this position, please contact Neil in the Carbon60 Manchester office or forward your latest CV to: Neil.Dawson @ carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted