We have an excellent contract opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer (HV Substations) based in Glasgow.
The role will involve Substation Design and Electrical Balance of Plant for 400kV, 275kV, 220kV HV systems both onshore and offshore for a minimum 6 months+ duration.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for delivering all design development and construction engineering requirements within a multi £bn Electrical Systems Substation Package (Onshore / Offshore) in line with the project engineering strategy.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of the electrical engineering design in line with the project engineering strategy for onshore and offshore substations (up to 400kV) work packages.
- Interpret project objectives and requirements to develop the most appropriate technically-commercial design solution and technology choice.
- Management of 3rd parties for the effective delivery of specific engineering and design works required within the package, and for the quality management and verification of their work and outcomes.
- Management of complex engineering interfaces within and across offshore wind project work packages.
- Review external contractor's and consultant's specifications, documentation and power system studies to ensure requirements are achieved.
- Resolution of engineering design issues within the package, and escalation where appropriate including appropriate communication and reporting requirements to ensure visibility of risks and issues to senior management teams.
- Preparation of contract project technical documentation and works information for the package and inputting into contract and commercial negotiations with the project supply chain.
What do I need?
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who is highly motivated and committed to organising and motivating a package engineering team to deliver high quality specialist work.
Due to the specialist nature of this role, you'll be required to have the following;
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills to ensure effective communications and escalation activities.
- Chartered Engineer and member of The Engineering Council.
- Extensive experience within an Offshore Wind project Electrical Systems environment, and strong understanding of the technical and commercial drivers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to adapt across varying levels of stakeholders.
To apply for this position or for more details please contact Neil in the Carbon60 Manchester office or forward your latest CV to: Neil.Dawson @ carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search