We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work for our client on one the UK's leading Energy from Waste plants based in Peterborough, working 42.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for carrying out PPM and reactive maintenance activities on Mechanical equipment and assets to ensure plant availability is maximised and plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
You will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all the mechanical plant & equipment at the Energy plant, providing support to other disciplines as necessary using experience and skills. You will assist in the co-ordination of contractors as required, ensuring a safe and efficient working environment.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant. You will carry out fault diagnosis and rectify as required.
This position will require response to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours. We require a flexible approach to ensure that vital work is achieved timely and accurately. There will be times when weekends, nights and bank holidays will have to be worked.
The ideal Mechanical Maintenance Technician will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience in maintenance of process industry or power plants.
- Assisting during plant shutdowns & outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency.
- Working as part of a maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assist with equipment and plant upgrades.
- Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management (CMMS) system.
- Computer Literate.
- Appropriate technical qualifications City & Guilds / NVQ / HNC (or equivalent).
- An understanding of environmental and health and safety issues and their impacts.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Able to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Able to create detailed Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
- Able to work at Heights & in confined spaces.
The position will offer a competitive salary and additional paid overtime and standby/call out payments plus an excellent benefits package including, Pension, Health-care and an opportunity to work for one of the UK's rapidly expanding & growing renewable energy companies.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your latest CV to neil.dawson @ carbon60global.com or call Neil on 0161 873 7000 for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted