We have an excellent permanent opportunity for a number of Electrical Test Lab Engineers based in the South Manchester area.
The role of an Electrical Laboratory Test Engineer is to carry out test programmes on a wide range of Electrical products and to also carry out test work to prove new products prior to their release.
- To carry out test programmes and plans on our existing product range.
- To carry out test programmes to product standards applicable to new product introductions.
- Assist in the Maintenance of the Test Laboratories Accreditation - UKAS/ASTA
- Calibrations of equipment used in testing.
- Report writing of test results.
- Analysis, testing and reporting of Customer product returns.
- Complete type test programs.
- Production of test reports.
- Conduct failure analysis investigation into field failures.
- Carry out quality systems audits to ISO 17025.
- Carry out calibrations on test equipment.
- Assist in development by testing new products.
- Carry out test programs in a safe manner.
- HNC / HND / Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering.
- ISO 17025 / ISO 9000 Quality systems.
- Wiring regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a naturally enquiring mind.
- Ability and confidence to use items of test equipment.
- Laboratory process auditing experience.
- Computer literate.
- Use of hand tool used in electrical engineering and test.
- Knowledge and understanding of Low-voltage Electrical Switchgear and Circuit Protection products would be preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of 'Microsoft Office' applications.
- Knowledge and experience in Low-voltage short-circuit testing.
- Solid electrical engineering background.
- Knowledge and understanding 17025 quality system.
- Relevant Lab Experience (essential).
- British Standard testing (desirable)
- BS EN IEC ISO 17025 knowledge (desirable)
- The role is open to Graduates with the relevant qualifications.
The Package on offer:
The role is working a 36.5 hour week 08.00am - 16.30pm Mon - Thurs & 08.00am - 12.30pm finish on a Friday with a base salary of £27.5k - £30k and excellent career progression opportunities and additional company benefits as follows:
- Annual Site Bonus Scheme.
- Excellent Company pension scheme.
- 26 days per year holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Company benefits scheme Discounts on all sorts of company products, retail, travel & leisure.
- Buy & sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, subsidised private health care plus much more.
To apply for this position please call Neil on 0161 873 7000 or email your latest CV / Work History to: Neil.Dawson @ Carbon60global.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search