We are recruiting for a Service & Calibration Engineer based in the West Midlands.In this role you will predominately cover the UK and provide a...
We are recruiting for a Service & Calibration Engineer based in the West Midlands.
In this role you will predominately cover the UK and provide a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive calibration and engineering service, to support our clients in maintaining instrumentation equipment and systems across temperature, electrical and pressure.
This job is home based, ideally located near Birmingham. The role involves frequent travel, occasional overnight stays and working overtime.
The successful Service & Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair onsite instrumentation.
- Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
- Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
- Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
- Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
- Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
- Ensure all forms and certificates are accurate and produced on time.
The succesful candidate has experience in electrical, pressure, temperature calibration and uniformity surveys. With regards to work behaviours, we are looking for someone reliable, customer focused, have a methodical approach with competent self-management skills and be able to 'think on their feet'.
Industrial experience in the Metal Processing, Aerospace or similar industries is desirable with a sound knowledge of instruments in particular Eurotherm products.
To be suitable for this role you must have the following experience and characteristics:
- Qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in electrical/instrumentation/system/control discipline or served a relevant apprenticeship
- Knowledge of UKAS BS/EN/ISO 17025 and AMS 2750E.
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with calibration of temperature/pressure instrumentation including Temperature Uniformity Surveys.
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working activities.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbally and written.
- The ability to develop good working relationships with customers.
- Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
- Proven experience in a field service / on-site role.
- IT Literate
Furthermore, you will:
- Be willing to travel and spend nights away from home.
- Be willing to work overtime when required, incl. weekends.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
What the company offers:
- A challenging role, with significant autonomy
- A competitive salary that awards performance
- Company vehicle with fuel card
- Company pension
- Life Insurance Scheme
- 25 days holiday + statutory
- Company laptop/pad and mobile phone.
To apply for this position, please call Neil on 0161 873 7000 or forward a copy your latest CV.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.