Role: Fund Pilot Manger
Work pattern: full time
We are currently recruiting for a Fund Pilot Manger to work within a strategic projects division leading a portfolio of strategic change for our trusted partner, including design, delivery and implementation of future development and delivery of charging and tolling services, and managing response to major UK infrastructure projects.
- Manage the successful development of the pilot strategy and delivery of the pilot to programme and budget.
- Input into the creation of a pilot application process which reflects the requirements of the RCF, and provides a platform for successful applications.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the pilot scheme is fit for purpose and supported across the key stakeholders Job Title Fund Pilot Manager Reports to Job Title Head of Fund Delivery Division and Directorate Strategic Projects Division, Strategy and Planning Directorate Job Reference 23058A
- Manage the RCF investment decision process throughout the pilot to fulfil delivery body requirements to distribute the RCF in line with programme timescales, identifying ways to continually improve the process.
- Ensure compliance with standards and processes including appropriate funding to deliver.
- Provide ongoing reporting of pilot progress and milestones to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide the Head of Fund Delivery with the necessary insight, information and reporting from the RCF pilot to inform the RCF Project Board in line with their terms of reference.
- Ensure that the outputs of the pilot inform future RCF delivery, enabling the core strategy and benefits of the programme to be realised.
- Manage scope, schedule, risks and communications to ensure the pilot's successful outcome.
- Ensure the pilot's coherence with corporate standards, and business-as-usual activities.
- Gather, share and implement lessons learned from the pilot to inform fund design and delivery activities.
- Ensure the project level interfaces between the delivery teams are proactively managed.
People management responsibilities
- This is the first round of recruitment for the new RCF team, which is expected to grow quickly in the first two years. 2FTE will be added to the Pilot team by 2023. The Fund Pilot Manager will also support the management of a broader team of up to 20 specialists, from functions including Corporate Finance, SES, Commercial and Procurement and General Counsel.
Budget management responsibilities
- The direct budget responsibilities for the c.£20m pilot scheme sit with the Head of Fund Delivery, directly supported by the Fund Pilot Manager.
Key contacts/relationships/stakeholders managed
- The senior leadership team of the RCF Team and Strategic Projects Division
- Key government departments including OZEV, the Department for Transport, Ofgem and BEIS
- Energy and energy distribution sector including National Grid and DNOs
- Representatives of Motorway Service Areas and Trunk Road Service Areas
- The matrix of corporate functions supporting the RCF team
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Supporting £multi-million pilots, project or programme investment portfolios
- Managing teams, including matrix management to support complex high risk or high-profile projects
- Supporting complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to help influence and deliver positive outcomes
- Implementing new methodologies & governance to support change across business operations
- Strong collaborator, to retain the involvement and engagement of a wide range of stakeholders, technical specialists and delivery colleagues and stakeholders
- High resilience, to deal constructively with conflicting priorities and setbacks
- Excellent communicator, to clarify and ensure understanding of programme strategies and solutions
- Commercially focused, to drive project performance and value for money
- Strong analytical skills, to develop, analyse and provide commentary on programme plans and performance
- High integrity, to build trust with all stakeholders and staff
Functional / Technical Skills
- Background in project planning, pilot delivery and project management
- Track record of working in fund or contract management ideally within the public sector
- Strong partnership building and stakeholder influencing skills and the confidence to challenge others, including senior colleagues, where necessary
- Strong commercial skills, including supplier incentivisation
- Experience of co-ordinating workloads across teams, including those not directly managed, to achieve maximum efficiency
- Analytic, reporting and process improvement experience
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search