Role: Energy Stakeholder Manager
Work pattern: Full time
The Strategic Projects Division's main purpose is to lead a portfolio of strategic change for our trusted partner, including design, delivery and implementation of future development and delivery of charging and tolling services, and managing response to major UK infrastructure projects.
The Energy Stakeholder Engagement Manager will support the Programme Manager and contribute to the design and delivery of the new Rapid Charging Fund (RCF) programme, as it relates to the role as RCF delivery body. The fund will see £950m invested over three years to subsidise connections between the electricity grid and service areas on and around the Strategic Road Network (SRN), improving the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure and meeting the needs of customers and an expanding EV fleet.
- Establish and manage strategic relationships at an executive/senior level with electrical distribution organisations that will play a role in the delivery of the RCF (including but not limited to National Grid, DNOs and IDNOs).
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders interacting with the RCF, including MSA / TRSA operators, CPOs, energy suppliers and their representatives.
- Coordinate stakeholder management activities with OZEV and other key government relationships that inform the RCF.
- Co-ordinate and apply the insight provided by the key stakeholders to inform the success of the RCF.
- Develop a communications plan to keep stakeholders up to date with the development, implementation and ongoing delivery of the RCF, to maximise their input and engagement and optimise the role of these stakeholders in the success of the fund.
- Support the RCF team by identifying, mapping and developing a plan for managing key strategic stakeholders.
- Provide advice and support to RCF and wider teams on the status of external relationships.
- Provide stakeholders briefings and develop and drive the stakeholder strategy to optimise the internal and external relationships across the RCF environment.
- Act as the key interface with corporate and regional communications teams, develop standardised, consistent efficient and effective relationships and ensure regular sharing of information and good practice.
- Influence the development of innovative communication and engagement approaches to support the maturity of the project team and the wider organisation.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on policy, process and systems relating to stakeholder management and effective communications.
- Identify reputational risks early and preparing and managing mitigation plans.
People management responsibilities
- There are no direct people management responsibilities at this stage of the programme, though the Energy Stakeholder Engagement Manager will be supported by specialist technical advice sourced. They will also work closely across a broader team of up to 20 specialists, from functions including Corporate Finance, SES, Commercial and Procurement and General Counsel.
Budget management responsibilities
- No direct budgetary responsibility, though the role supports the Commercial Manager on the commercial framework used to distribute the £950m RCF.
Key contacts/relationships/stakeholders managed
- Energy distribution sector including National Grid and DNOs
- Representatives of MSAs and TRSAs
- The CEO, Executive and Board Committees (including Non-Exec Directors)
- The Strategic Projects leadership team and peers within the wider RCF team
- The matrix of corporate functions supporting the RCF team, particularly those in the Energy, Communications, Commercial and Procurement, and General Counsel teams.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience of developing engagement and communications strategies that engage key external stakeholders and influencers which deliver programme objectives, advocacy and support our reputation
- Previous experience working with DNOs and/or National Grid, ideally with reference to large scale grid connections and energy demand
- Has helped stakeholders inform and navigate regulatory frameworks, funding arrangements or complex processes across multiple organisations.
- Experience working in an integrated project team as a stakeholder and communication specialists to provide support to the project team.
- Oversight of the development and delivery of stakeholder strategy and communications plan on nationally important and complex infrastructure projects/programmes.
- Has worked closely with communications, media relations, public affairs and customer services.
- Managed external suppliers; confidently engage with colleagues at all levels.
- Deliver an efficient customer service, being capable of prioritising and delivering tasks to tight deadlines.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Proven experience in a large, dispersed stakeholder management function covering a wide range of issues.
- Successfully influence process change to introduce best practice and innovation.
- Expert communications skills including influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Reputation management and risk mitigation
- Clear written and oral communication skills
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search