Permanant Position salary £19,794OTE £30,000 ManchesterAs the Vehicle Assessment Technician you will provide a quality, professional and effective Assessment of Clients vehicles against pre-specified criteria....
Streetworks and Maintenance Supervisor
Covering the North West area - Mobile role that includes a vehicle
Carbon60 are recruiting a Supervisor for an organisation with one of the biggest property portfolios in the country. This will cover the North West area of the UK, managing a number of staff throughout the region.
The Street works and Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for providing effective leadership, management and direction to a team of engineers, building maintenance technicians and various specialist contractors.
THIS IS A TEMP TO PERM CONTRACT - THE SUITABLE CANDIDATE WILL BE OFFERED A PERMANENT CONTRACT AFTER A BRIEF PERIOD of WORKING AS A TEMP MEMBER OF STAFF.
- Responsible for the line management of 15 to 20 maintenance staff
- Look after company property, street furniture and buildings in the NW area
- Cost control of labour, material spend and sub-contractor usage
- Act as a member of the Facilities Management team
- Interface with the customer, particularly at key sites within the specified region
- Ensure that safety is a priority at all times, managing risk and planning accordingly
- Travel throughout the region to ensure work is carried out to the highest standard
- Profit and loss responsibility of a budget up to £2.5m
- Reporting to the Regional Assets Manager
The ideal candidate:
- A relevant qualification (construction, engineering, trade or similar) up to NVQ level 3
- Experienced in street works, construction, engineering or a similar background
- Excellent people manager who is comfortable leading a team of technicians
- Able to manage budgets and cost control
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety compliance, risk assessments etc.
- Strong relationship building and customer management skills
- Experience of a unionised work environment would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the Streetworks Act and CDM Regulations 2015
- MUST HOLD A VALID UK DRIVERS LICENSE
If you are an experienced Supervisor from one of the listed industries, looking for the next step in your career and you would like to work for a large, well known, UK company then please get in touch.
What you will get:
- Temp to permanent, full time contract
- Salary up to £36,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Company vehicle
- Other company benefits (pension, health care options etc.) will come once the perm contract is confirmed
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.