A unique opportunity to join a global renewable energy company has arisen for an experienced O&M site engineer for a permanent / staff position in and around the Dundee area, Scotland. Whilst the role is generally based at site there will be the flexibility to work from home some days.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Implements maintenance procedures and assists in developing new ones where necessary
- Carries out and keeps records of scheduled and non-scheduled Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities
- Plans and oversees non-scheduled Corrective Maintenance activities and maintains both Preventive and Corrective maintenance activities checkbook for each activity carried out
- Identifies resources to perform maintenance activities, if necessary, keeps maintenance logs and reports on daily activities
- Keeps records of all 3rd party activities
- Performs HV electrical isolation works under my Client's SAP guidance
- Undertake HV AP duties and assist in annual HV PM tasks.
- Prepares and save safety documentation during HV or LV works.
- Review 3rd party RAMS and help creating my client's own MS & RAMS for preventive and corrective maintenance checks
- Performs Spare Parts Management
- Ensures compliance of the activities with local rules and regulation
- Receives call outs within weekends when the site's capacity and availability is affected (not often). Time of in lieu is provided in that case within the following week.
- Assists my client, if necessary, with other projects' annual maintenance tasks across UK (PV portfolio or future BOT projects).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years' experience at least in Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting in solar or other industry projects
- 1+ year experience in Supervising O&M engineers of operational solar or other industry projects
- Previous experience in Battery Storage, classic automation and/or MV/HV systems is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential
- Working knowledge of SMSTS or higher certificate in IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to implement innovative processes within a fast-paced environment
- Full driving license.
- First aider certificate is desirable
- Basic MS office and IT experience
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search