Interested in working as a Contract Manager for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
A vacancy for an Interim Contract Manager role has arisen within Filton, providing support to the UK R&T Contract Management team to clear a backlog of outstanding work due to a period of high workload. The successful applicant will join the UK CTO team responsible for Research & Technology (R&T) Business Development and Partnerships.
The person will engage in collaborative Government funded contracts, which provide public funding Research and Technology (R&T) projects, focused on specific funding bodies and for bid preparation, contract negotiation and contract fulfilment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiation to conclusion of R&T contractual agreements with a range of R&T partners, establishing a range of contracts:
- University Framework agreements;
- University Studentship Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements with industrial and university partners (including IP terms).
- Preparation of bids for public funding, defines the appropriate contract structure, assembles the required data (technical content; tax-payer value for money; strategic fit; partner rationale; exploitation plans....) in close collaboration with the other Contract Managers and technical experts and partners
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure business needs are met.
- Contracting experience with legal awareness including IP
- Negotiation Skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), specialising in Business or Engineering related.
- Customer or supplier facing experience.
- Personable / GSOH - Interaction with Government agencies and ministers / Suppliers / Legal / Manufacturing / Engineering and Finance, etc.
- Awareness of the security of data and export sensitivities.
- Exposure to legal and negotiating legal contracts is highly desirable
- Bid writing exposure / experience highly desirable
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.