Product Design Engineer Medical Devices SummaryCapable product design engineer / designer needed to support the development of drug delivery devices. Working as part of a...
PCB Design Engineer
Interested in working as an PCB Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
A vacancy has arisen for a PCB Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group of this major Space sector manufacturer.
The Communication Products Group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in Telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
This demanding role involves developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Layout complex high-speed digital printed circuit boards from approved schematics.
- Work within the framework of company standards, procedures, and processes and maintain design files for all work undertaken.
- Approval and release of designs within a PDM system (Windchill)
- Manage their time in accordance with the overall product schedule.
- Communicate design solutions and detailed knowledge to peers, supervisor and product managers in an effective manner.
- Extensive experience in the use of CAD tools for PCB Design
- Experience of Mentor Graphics Expedition PCB layout including DxDesigner and CES
- Familiarity with Auto routing tools
- Knowledge of high speed digital and mixed signal physical design
- Experience with Multi-layer, with microvias, flexi-rigid, surface mount, through-hole, blind and buried vias
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Free parking is provided for this role in a municipal car park located approximately fifteen minutes' walk from site
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.