SchedulerFantastic Opportunity UK's Leading FM Company is seeking to recruit a Scheduler to work on one of their prestigious client's contract based in Reading.Role ResponsibilitiesFacilitating...
A leading national contractor who is heavily involved within the Infrastructure and Civil industry is seeking a Senior Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis to be based in the Midlands.
This is a great chance to join the procurement team of a multi-award winning business, delivering sustainable solutions across the UK's transport infrastructure.
You would be working closely with the National Procurement Manager, Senior Category Manager and other members of the UK Procurement team to deliver the requirements of the UK Procurement Plan.
Main Activities and responsibilities as Senior Buyer:
- Work with the National Procurement Manager & Senior Category Manager to deliver the companywide procurement strategy
- Ensure compliance to Procurement Strategy, policy, processes & procedures
- Work with the Senior Category Manager to prepare analysis of financial spend data and deliver deep dive reviews into own category managed areas of spend
- Identification, selection and management of supply chain in Category managed areas
- Carry out quotation analysis, evaluation and make recommendation for selection of suppliers to key stakeholders
- Accountable for performance of supply chain in areas of responsibility
- Relevant qualification and/or experience within the Highways, Airports and Civil Engineering sector(s)
- Ideally Procurement/Business qualification such as CIPS or prepared to work towards
- GCSE, A-level or GNVQ qualifications
- Familiar with NEC Conditions of Contract documents
- Extensive procurement experience and good understanding of activities associated with highways and civil engineering projects
- Must have an understanding of the UK supply chain market, especially the Coated Stone, Concrete and Aggregate suppliers.
- Good commercial management skills specifically in the areas of risk and opportunity identification and mitigation
On offer is an attractive salary circa £40k plus company car, pension and company bonus.
If interested in this Senior Buyer role please apply with an up to date CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.