Are you an electrical project manager with experience in the EPC of energy related projects, including EHV, HV or MV installations, such as substations, power grid, utility scale renewables etc? A fantastic hybrid opportunity has become available to join my Client's construction management team in London on a permanent staff basis. The successful candidate will manage the organisation of key projects and will work closely with the site engineers, design & engineering team, project director and the finance team within my Client, as well as externally with the subcontractors, equipment suppliers and clients/developers; to ensure on schedule completion and compliance with my Client's high-quality standards.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Undertake site surveys to establish local conditions which impact design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget
- Work with the design & engineering team to review all project documents and information provided by the client/developer and throughout the design process
- Work with the project director to prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project
- Develop a detailed programme of works (PoW) to track progress
- Preparation of suppliers' and subcontractors' contracts
- Manage and supervise site engineers & subcontractors PoW and scope
- Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly progress reports both internally and for Stakeholders
- Manage project implementation activities, ensuring QHSE standards are met
- Perform risk assessments on the project and proactively solve any matters encountered on site in conjunction with the site engineers (escalating to the project director if required)
- Report to the project director any deviations from the PoW, budget or scope
- Manage the relationship with the Stakeholders, suppliers and subcontractors, as well as internal teams
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Handover of the project to the internal O&M team
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- BEng/MEng in electrical engineering. (MSc is considered an advantage)
- Certification in project management e.g. MBA / PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage
- 5+ years' EPC experience in the construction and project management of energy related projects such as battery storage projects, utility scale renewable energy parks, sub stations, power grids etc.
- Experience in UK and especially in battery storage projects is considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English essential (both spoken and written)
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office
- Open to candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK and/or EU
With a competitive salary on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search