A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager (solar PV), with EPC experience in utility scale solar PV projects, to join a true global leader in the renewable energy sector. The successful candidate will be based out of my Client's offices in London, UK and will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout their life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of projects across the UK. Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager and to the Project Director your role will involve, but not be limited to:
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project
- draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget
- create and distribute RFPs to potential EPC subcontractors, establish evaluation metrics, and select winning proposals
- manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with EPC subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors' work in all phases
- develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project's success
- communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues
- identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact
- possess strong organizational and time management skills
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields
- 3+ years EPC project management experience in utility scale solar PV projects
- Electrical Licensing strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code, solar permitting, and other PV system regulatory codes
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details and accuracy.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary and/or stay abroad for periods of time.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK and/or EU
With an excellent package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search