Field Service Engineer PumpsBristol, Gloucester, South Midlands An established business supporting a range of customers with the installation, maintenance, service and repair of pumps and...
39 hours a week (8.30-17.00 Mon-Thu; 8:30-16.00 Fridays)
The Company is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to "give something back" by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
We are recruiting for a seasoned Production Engineer to support the existing production processes Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensing and instrumentation products.
The successful candidate will be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a small team. This role will bridge the gap between the Engineering and Operations teams for new/existing products and help identify and implement new equipment into Operations.
Job Purpose & Role
Working independently and proactively within a multidisciplinary team as the local product and technology engineering authority for existing products, the role includes:
- Working with the Engineering team to take products through the NPI Gate process.
- Contribute to company Kaizen events and value adding Engineering projects by utilising lean manufacturing methods.
- Support Operations with current product designs, such as reviewing manufacturing methods and ensuring associated production documentation is kept up to date.
- Provide a high level of support to the Sales team and Customers in engineering aspects of Standard Products and Bespoke Product Variants.
- Propose layout changes and prepare schematics for improved product flow, including supplier liaison to delivery such projects to agreed leadtimes.
- Identify and justify equipment/process CapEx projects and project manage them to conclusion once approved.
- Designing jigs and fixtures to reduce operation and setup times and error proofing
- Data capture for operational timings and process flow improvement projects
- Ensure all Company procedures are adhered to - especially EHS and Quality requirements.
- Establish good working relationships with engineers throughout the Division.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or HND qualification in Production Engineering, or other related discipline.
- A proven track record of delivering production efficiencies in a manufacturing environment.
- An ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience of formal CapEx life cycle, proposal, specification, justification, implementation, commissioning and validation.
- Experience in the Industrial segment.
- Understanding and experience of productionising new products using the NPI process.
- Good knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles including any related methods eg. 5S, Six Sigma, Kan-ban, Kaizen.
- Fluent English.
- Experience with Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensors or mechatronics systems would be advantageous.
- Receptive to new concepts and methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good influence/interaction with shop floor staff and senior managers alike.
- An ability to articulate complex ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Experience of Project Management is essential.
- International mind-set, able to co-operate with international engineering teams both on company and customer side.
- Ability to read technical drawings and appreciation of CAD systems. Any Solidworks experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Able to act as a mentor for junior team members.
Ideally 4+ years in a similar role
In return the company will offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 annual holidays in addition to 8 statutory holidays. Holidays can also be taken hourly
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Pension Contribution (up to 7%)
- Company share-save scheme (eligible after a qualifying period)
If interested please apply to this add.
For further information on the role please call 0161 873 7000
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.