A dynamic new role has arisen with an established international renewable energy developer who are seeking a Senior Commercial Analyst to join their growing operation in London. As Senior Commercial Analyst you will be responsible for providing high quality energy market and deal specific analytical support to my Client's global business development team. This is a great opportunity to join a global giant in the renewable energy sector in a strategically important position for my Client
As Senior Commercial Analyst your day-to-day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Deal structuring, evaluation, modelling and pricing
- Utility and corporate PPAs
- Management of PPA tender participation
- Battery optimisation and modelling.
- Market Intelligence
- Corporate PPAs
- Global energy market fundamentals.
- Management of in-country market consultancy contracts
- Market price data management in all active countries.
- Regulatory monitoring
- Portfolio management
- Portfolio hedging and risk management
- Market risk and credit reporting
- Business Development
- Contribution to investment papers
- Preparation of market briefings for executive team.
- Deal pipeline management
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in a numerate discipline
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of global energy markets; in particular, international electricity markets.
- Experience of structuring both utility and corporate PPA agreements in various energy markets and cross borders is essential
- Proven ability to manage high volumes of complex data and distil into high quality management reporting.
- Demonstrable strong financial modelling and deal structuring skills.
- Knowledge of credit and market risk.
- Strong IT skills in particular MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders in multiple countries and at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- CFA level 2 would be an advantage.
- Previous experience within an energy trading or utility environment is advantageous, with experience from a solar PV background being a distinct advantage
- Experience in preparing investment committee or board submissions is also considered an advantage
- Must be legally entitled to work the in the UK
With a hybrid role of office/home working and a competitive package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search