Design EngineerInterested in working as a Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!As part of the Wing...
Senior Hardware Engineer
Interested in working as a Senior Hardware Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
You will be responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated electronics hardware design work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
You will be responsible for specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Electronics hardware is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with company standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with company standards.
- Appropriate processes, tools and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated electronics hardware development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with the engineering team leader.
- Electronics hardware technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Electronics hardware development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- Must have an extensive experience of digital design and implementation for data/voice communications equipment or equivalent using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Must have proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Must have excellent electronics hardware development knowledge.
- Able to carry-out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
- Experience of electronics hardware development to meet UK approved TEMPEST design criteria.
- Experience of schematic capture.
- Experience of PCB layout.
- Experience of thermal analysis for electronic circuits.
- Recent experience of using one or more of the following tools: CAD Capture or CAD PCB Designer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.