Quality InspectorCarbon60 are proud to represent an organisation which has a worldwide span. They are renowned as being a fantastic employer who are undergoing a...
Carbon60 are proud to represent a business that has an unsurpassed reputation within the construction sector, due to a continually busy order book they are looking at bringing a Quantity Surveyor and an Assistant Quantity Surveyor into the business to strengthen their already successful team.
This is a great opportunity to work with a well-established, expanding company who can offer the right candidate lots of opportunity to develop and progress in their career.
- Supervise and manage the costs for various construction contracts
- Prepare tender quotations - including details analysis of any works required and the associated details.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in line with the original tender quotation.
- Obtain competitive prices from various suppliers ensuring to reduce costs where possible.
- Act as point of contact for clients, informing them as to how the works are progressing and what changes to specification may be required - ensuring any extra costs are factored in.
- Produce monthly valuations for construction contracts and submit them to the accounts department.
- To arrange and attend pre-tender site meetings with clients requiring tender quotations
- Adhere to and implement all Health and Safety legislation and policies, undertaking additional training where necessary.
- Ensure all contractors are undertaking their duties in a manner which is safe and environmentally sound.
- Identify H&S training needs and arrange any necessary training.
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Experience & Training: A Quantity Surveyor should possess basic training suited to their role and leading towards further education and training to a higher standard. Quantity Surveyors should possess the following training/education:
- HNC to Degree qualification relevant to quantity surveying.
- Relevant Health & Safety Training Certificate (SMSTS or H&S Awareness).
- CSCS Card for Role.
- Other relevant safety training (Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness, 1st aid at work etc).
- Experience in the position or similar role.
There are 2 positions available, one is operating at an Assistant QS level and one at QS level, therefore we are keen to hear from experienced people or those who are wishing to progress their careers including those who are studying associated disciplines.
Pay: £24k - £40k
Please send your CV for immediate consideration to Steph Hughes.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.