This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced Safety Engineer to work for a leading provider of complex and critical engineering services, who have close ties to national defence organisations. They are at the cutting edge of engineering and are widely admired for their innovation and their partnerships with key players in the defence sector.
This is a 12 month contract position and you will have to be prepared to undergo a security clearance.
Based in Plymouth, this role carries an attractive hourly rate and is a fantastic opportunity to work with a world leading engineering organisation.
- Provide safety and environmental engineering support to projects including; surface ship, submarine and commercial projects.
- Provide safety and environmental advise to overcome non-conformances
- Author technical reports
- Work closely with others to develop non-nuclear safety and environmental assessments or cases this includes;
- Planning work so that it happens to budget, on time and to the correct quality standards
- Providing specialist engineering expertise and knowledge
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered
- Preferably already hold the Defence Maritime Regulator's (DMR) Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SEMT) or Ship Safety Management Office (SSMO) Certification.
- Extensive operating background in UK submarines, Cat A or B NSRP watch keeper;
- Experience of working with MOD processes and publications, in particular: POSMS, POEMS, DSA01 & 02, JSP 430, JSP 418 & Def Stan 00-56;
- Experience of facilitating/undertaking Hazard Identification and Assessment exercises.
- Knowledge and experience of conventional non-nuclear safety engineering in accordance with Def Stan 0056 (Safety Management for Defence Systems), DSA01.1 Defence Policy for Health, Safety and Environmental Protection, DSA02-DMR - MOD Shipping Regulations for Safety and Environmental Protection, JSP 430 (MoD Ship Safety Manual) and JSP 418 MOD Corporate Environmental Protection Manual;
- Ideally you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. IMechE, RINA, IET, SARS etc.) and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards).
If you have the necessary expertise and qualifications to perform this role, please send your CV for immediate consideration to Steph Hughes.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted