This is a superb opportunity to work for an organisation that are internationally renowned and at the cutting edge of technology in the aerospace and defence industry. With a customer base of some of the worlds' largest and most well-renowned aircraft and helicopter manufacturers, they are experiencing a sustained period of success and growth and are looking for an experienced buyer to join their busy team in Bangor, North Wales.
- Actively source new suppliers from a global suppluy base - always seeking to improve costs, service, delivery etc.
- Work closely with the buying team and purchasing manager.
- Constantly negotiate and renegotiate terms with suppliers in order to achieve best prices, lead times etc.
- Troubleshoot any problems, ensuring they are dealt with swiftly so as not to impact on supply and production.
- Management of import shipments.
- Use your experience in the manufacturing sector to audit current BOMs and achieve cost savings wherever possible.
- Experience working as a buyer within the aerospace sector, experience with one of the following would be ver advantageous: electronic components, plastic components, gears/shafts, metal components.
- Fully understand MRP principals/logistics
- Strong negotiating skills
- Flexibility to meet changing deadlines
- Salary up to £50,000 DOE
- Competitive pension
- Superb working environment
- Permanent Contract
If you are an experienced buyer who has worked in the manufacturing sector in the past and are looking for a new challenge in Bangor, North Wales, then please don't hesitate to send your CV to Steph Hughes for immediate consideration.
Please note this would be based on site full time in Bangor.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted