I am currently recruiting for a proven Senior Site Engineer (elec. or civil), for a permanent / staff position with experience in utility scale renewables EPC projects to join my Client's construction management team in London. The successful candidate will work closely under my Client's Project Management team to manage the on-site operations during the construction period to ensure on schedule completion and compliance with my Client's high-quality standards.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Pre-condition site surveys
- Initial site setup and establishment (supported by the HSE site manager)
- Identification of local resources, materials, services
- Assist the HSE site manager with establishment and ongoing management of welfare and waste facilities, as well as plant hire (as required)
- Ongoing management of the on-site operations
- Ensure correct implementation of electrical, civil and mechanical construction drawings by the main subcontractor
- Supervise subcontractors schedule and works
- Manage interferences between subcontractors
- Report to the project manager any deviations from the PoW or scope by the subcontractors
- Quantity and quality receipt of on-site materials from main equipment and local suppliers
- Manage construction flow and timetable
- Provide technical support and guidance, solving on site problems
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly progress reports and documentation for internal use and Stakeholder requirements
- Ensure compliance with QHSE procedures
- Management of site finishing works and demobilisation
- Interface with on-site Stakeholder representatives
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MEng in electrical or civil engineering.
- 5+ years of working experience in the construction of utility scale renewable energy projects (a proven track record in the construction of utility scale solar PV parks considered an advantage)
- Ability to interpret electrical or civil construction drawings is essential.
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home
- Must be comfortable in an office environment as this role is predominantly office based
- Open to candidates that are legally entitled to work in the UK and/or EU
With an excellent package on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join our prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search