Our client who is a building services, mechanical & electrical specialist company based in Southampton are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor. To drive...
Our client who is a building services, mechanical & electrical specialist company based in Southampton are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
To drive profitable growth across the company, understanding and defining the long term business unit strategy.Being accountable for profitability and performance for the projects under your control, including the establishment and achievement of financial targets, ensuring the company and client needs are exceeded at all times.
The ideal applicant will be educated to degree level in a construction related subject and must have extensive knowledge and experience in Quantity Surveying.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage all commercial and surveying activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the agreed project strategic plan to achieve the current and future agreed performance targets, minimising risk of exposure
- Manage the surveying activities you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Managing Surveyor for their performance
- Provide weekly financial reports to the Lead Managing Surveyor
- Manage the projects you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Lead Managing Surveyor for their performance
- Ensure that all commercial activities are delivered to the agreed time/cost/service/specification, presentation and quality
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company's contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged
- Full compliance with commercial team daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly and general responsibilities
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectations manual
- Member of project launch team
- Be responsible for the sub-contractor accounts and financial management
- Read and apply the project contract, specification and drawings
- Review all warranty documents in conjunction with the Lead Managing Surveyor and Group Finance Director
- Responsibilities will also include following cost recovery procedures.
- To proactively lead
- Act as a role model
- The ability to manage individuals and the team as a whole
- Set goals and targets
- Manage learning and development including personal coaching
- Action plans and ensure learning and development needs are met
- Provide a drive for improvement
- Exhibit appropriate behaviours; show:o Support for individualso Commitment to the success of the companyo Passion for customer serviceo Respect and trusto Balance and consistency
If you are interested and would like to hear more about this position, please contact Amber @ Carbon60 on 01329 227 063
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.