We are a preferred supplier of contract and permanent talent to a global leader in the aviation manufacturing space.
They approached us with an urgent requirement for 30 Assembly and Test Technicians and we were engaged to recruit all vacancies as a campaign project. The challenge was that many of their local competitors were paying higher salaries and offering comparably better prospects.
We provided a project-based recruitment approach which, due to exclusivity on the 30 roles, allowed us to offer a highly competitive project fee. Through concentrating the assessment of new hires into 2-3 days we were able to reduce our costs and fees further and minimize the impact on hiring managers and their operations.
This project included:
- Sourcing people via advertising, assessing direct applications and referrals
- Confirming suitability, rates and completed pre-assessment interviews to produce a shortlist
- Holding a 4 stage interview process in one day which included a, skill-based test, factory tour and a 30-minute face-to-face interview with the Manufacturing Director and HR Manager
- Achieving acceptance of offers on the same day
- Clearance of successful applicants
Thanks to the strength of the candidate pool and the efficiency and speed of the recruitment process, we were able to make 41 offers, 30 of which were accepted. Our partnership-led approach meant our client was able to complete their project, on time and within budget, despite the limited spend available.