Carbon60 are looking for a Maintenance Technician/Fitter to join a leading Water Technology manufacturing company based in Peterborough on a permanent basis due to continued growth through 2022.
The role of the Maintenance Fitter will be to assist with the maintenance of large ion-based water treatment units, identifying faults and replacing mechanical components where needed ready for the units to return to assignment.
- Maintenance of mechanical parts and component as well as specific equipment.
- Identifying of faults and components that need replacing or refurbishing.
- Work alongside Welders, Mechanical and electrical fitters.
- Instrument calibration and validation.
- Use and create safety risk assessments complying with set requirements.
- Conduct regular 5S activities.
- Participate in LEAN and KAIZEN activities on shop floor.
Required Skills and experience
- Mechanical maintenance/assembly experience
- Experience working with pumps, valves and pipework is desirable.
- Any welding/fabrication experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Ability to follow detailed technical drawings
- Willingness to learn new skills
Working hours for this position will be Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:45
This Mechanical Technician role comes with an excellent salary and company benefits such as a pension, life insurance, and a health care scheme. You will be entitled to 26 days holiday plus 8 for bank holidays.
If you like the sound of this position and you think it is for you, please contact Carbon60.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted